Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Musings: No Pressure, No Diamonds



"No pressure, no diamonds."

I love this quote by Thomas Carlyle, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite people to turn to for inspirational nuggets and tidbits of wisdom. He was a Scottish satirical writer and historian during the Victorian Era, whose social commentary was considered quite controversial.

This particular statement caused me to reflect upon my own habits and productivity, and if I'm honest, I do some of my best work as an artist under pressure. Restrictions force me into creative problem-solving mode - an area in which I can truly shine. And if it weren't for (self-imposed) deadlines, I would probably never get anything done!

How do you work under pressure?

Original photo by Paul Hocksenar via Flickr.com (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0), adapted by Jessica Barst

No comments:

Post a Comment